Easter is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than with a delicious sweet treat? If you're looking for something quick and easy to whip up, then you've come to the right place. This Easter Rocky Road recipe is perfect for those who want a fuss-free dessert that's both decadent and satisfying. Imagine biting into a heavenly combination of chocolate, marshmallows, and sweets all in one bite. It's the ideal dessert to share with family and friends or to indulge in during a cozy night in. Plus, the recipe can be modified to suit your taste preferences or dietary restrictions. So, whether you're a chocoholic or a lover of all things sweet, this Easter Rocky Road recipe is sure to be a hit. Hop into Easter with this delectable dessert, and you won't be disappointed!
What is rocky road?
Rocky Road is a classic American dessert that has been around for over a century. It's a simple yet delicious treat that's made up of a combination of chocolate, marshmallows, lollies and nuts. The exact origin of the dessert is unclear, but it's believed to have been created during the Great Depression when ingredients were scarce, and people had to make do with what they had.
The name "rocky road" is said to have originated from the rough and bumpy texture of the dessert, which resembles a rocky road. Over the years, the recipe has evolved, and there are now many variations of the classic recipe that include different types of chocolate, nuts, and even dried fruit.
Ingredients required for this recipe
To make this quick and easy Rocky Road recipe, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 360g Milk Chocolate (x2 blocks)
- 180g White Chocolate (x1 block)
- 1 cup Marshmallows
- 1 cup Milk & White Chocolate Raspberry Bullets
- 100g Maltesers
- 114g Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate Easter Eggs
You can also add in extra ingredients such as shredded coconut or chopped-up biscuits to give it more texture and flavour. You can also swap/add any treat of your liking!
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the milk chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Add in the marshmallows, lollies, and choc pieces to the melted chocolate, and stir until everything is well coated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Pour the white chocolate on top and swirl around.
- Top with Easter Eggs (or the toppings of your choice)
- Place the dish in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until the chocolate has hardened.
- Once the chocolate has set, remove the dish from the refrigerator and cut the Rocky Road into small squares.
- Serve and enjoy!
Variations to the recipe
If you want to mix things up and try something different, you can always experiment with different ingredients to create your own unique version of Rocky Road. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Dark chocolate and dried cherries: If you prefer dark chocolate, you can swap out the milk chocolate for dark chocolate and add in some dried cherries for a tart and sweet flavour combination.
- White chocolate and macadamia nuts: For a twist on the classic recipe, you can use white chocolate instead of milk chocolate and add in some macadamia nuts for a buttery flavour.
- Peanut butter and pretzel: If you're a fan of sweet and salty, you can mix in some peanut butter and pretzels to the recipe for a delicious and crunchy treat.
Serving and storage suggestions
Once you've made your Rocky Road, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. This makes it a great dessert to prepare in advance for a party or gathering. You can also wrap the Rocky Road in cellophane or place it in a decorative tin to give as a gift.
When it comes to serving, you can simply cut the Rocky Road into small squares and place them on a platter for people to help themselves. You can also serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream for an extra indulgent treat.
Additional Easter treat ideas
If you're looking for more Easter treat ideas, here are a few suggestions:
- Hot cross buns: A classic Easter treat that's perfect for breakfast or brunch.
- Carrot cake: A moist and delicious cake that's made with grated carrots, spices, and cream cheese frosting.
- Easter egg cookies: Fun and colourful cookies that are shaped like Easter eggs and decorated with icing and sprinkles.
There you have it, a quick and easy recipe for Rocky Road that's perfect for Easter or any other occasion. With its creamy chocolate, fluffy marshmallows, and yummy lollies, it's sure to be a hit with everyone who tries it. Plus, with the ability to customize the recipe to your liking, you can make it as simple or as complex as you want. So, what are you waiting for? Hop into Easter with this delectable dessert, and you won't be disappointed!
Shop our Matching Family PJs here.